Senior Java Engineer
Our day-to-day business is reinventing the way customers interact with their bank. Around 2.5 million customers in the Netherlands uses banking services. The app is a stepping stone towards creating a personalised environment that revolves around the customer on a multitude of devices.
In multiple ways: apart from delivering great customer functionality we build, test and run it with the latest technology stack. We seek to continuously improve the way we work and by doing that becoming the most customer-oriented bank in the Netherlands.
Our teams are focussed on the Authentication (login and signing) functionality.
As a development team we are:
- A modern, passionate team, writing software using Java 11+, Spring Boot 2.2+, etc
- Automating everything!
- Always pair/mob programming
- Releasing to production multiple times a day
- Responsible for all the traffic to/from the apps on Android / iOS / Desktop
- Senior Java (5+ years’ experience)
- Familiar with Java 11 or higher
- Passionate about your craft
- Experienced in Spring Boot
- Interested in pair programming && mobbing
- Excited to learn new things
- Willing to be responsible for the code you write and maintain it on production
- Eager to push your code to production
- Experienced within our RASS systems (is a pre)
- You’re assignment
The current team are all developers with less experience with things like business analyses, OPS, testing, automation. Besides development it is your task to bring the team to a next level of maturity on all these capabilities.
- Java / Kotlin
- Hibernate / JPA
- REST / Reactive
- Gradle / Maven
- Junit 5
- Jenkins / Azure DevOps
We're working in full-fledged DevOps teams. You are not only responsible for changing and deploying your application, you will also do what is in the customers best interest to keep it stable. This can include standby shifts on weekdays and over the weekend. Also by focussing on far reaching automation for all testing, deploying and monitoring you will help to improve the DevOps delivery. You are capable of taking over the basic activities of other DevOps team members in case necessary, like performing business analysis, coding, executing tests or support activities.