- KAFKA kennis
- 2-3 jaar ervaring minimaal als Ops Engineer.
- Kennis van de Engelse & Nederlandse taal is een must
- Ervaring met Stakeholdermanagement
The Postmen is a squad of engineers that are developing on outgoing notifications of the OnePAM platform. Almost every update in our system of record will result in a notification to which consumers can subscribe.At the moment the Postmen is transitioning from the Tibco business works components to Java. For the transport most of the traffic is now over Kafka in stead of Tibco EMS. In order to maintain this stack and to help to activelly move away from legacy we are looking for the following:
Proficient devOPS Engineer
As an Operations Engineer you will be working in a 6-9 persons squad within the IT Area “OnePam” (One ING global Party and Agreement Management solution). The MDM (Master Data Management) squad is working for the Touch Point Architecture (TPA) Tribe and works in a DevOps manner. Scrum/Agile and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery practices are very important within our Tribe. The product we deliver is used globally. The MDM squad is located in Leeuwarden.
Within DevOps teams we have defined two roles: Development Engineer and Operations Engineer. Collectively, the DevOps team has full responsibility for the Development, Quality Assurance and Operations of their systems.
As a Proficient devOPS-engineer, we expect you to:
- teach, coach and train your colleagues, you share knowledge.
- have a good understanding of banking in general or you are passionate about learning it. Your analytical skills able you to discuss with stakeholders and product owner about features and stories and to translate these into software with real business value.
- have a broad understanding of the IT architecture of your domain. Your analytical skills enable you to determine the impact of certain choices. You can translate these principles into concrete actions for your team.
- be able to work in a DevOps environment. You build it, you run it, this includes scheduled stand-by duty
- to come up with innovative approaches to improve working processes and the quality of the product
- have a quality driven mindset
- to be a team player with good social and communication skills (Dutch & English , written and spoken)
- to handle application risk controls in an efficient way, proactively contributing to prevent security and operational risks.
- to enforce that the right levels of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of the application are preserved.
- Messaging experience. (eg Kafka, JMS , EMS)
- UNIX environments, bash scripting etc.
- OpenShift environments, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery using modern OSS tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Ansible and Gitlab
- experience with incident management processes
- experience in supporting multiple stakeholders on a daily basis
Nice to haves
- File transfer protocols. (eg XFB, FTP)
- Performance/Capacity/Availability Monitoring, knowledge of well-known OSS tools in this area (Logstash, Graphite, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.) is a big bonus
- Preferably knowledge of and/or experience with MDM, WebSphere, IBM BPM, DB2